Sunday, February 8, 2009

4 of 50

4 of 50

Cherimoya Leaf In A Friends Garden.

Exposure: 1/200
Apeture: f/3.5
ISO: 400
Mode: Apeture Priority

Had a play date at one of Madi's classmates house and they had a large tree with these gigantic leaves. There were a lot of photo ops on that one tree alone. Almost every leaf was worthy of a picture however this one stood out for me. It had little drops of water which I thought drew some attention.  

My goal was to capture the droplets in focus more than the leaf but shooting manual focus is something I'm still getting used to. Also, I having shot it at f/3.5, I thought for sure the majority of the leaf would be in focus but I guess i still need to work on my DOF (Depth of Field). Just a tad shallow in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. next time shoot it a bunch of times at different f stops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no. then my post processing takes forever. besides, then i'll turn that into a habit and not ever learn my DOF to stop to distance ratio. :P

    ReplyDelete