Thursday, February 5, 2009

3 of 50

Morning sky out of our office.

Exposure: 1/80
Apeture: f/1.4
ISO: 200

Thougth I'd post a pic of our morning sky today.  I wish I had a tripod so that I could have bracketed this photo. If you aren't familiar with the BKT (Bracketing) setting, its something you should look at for landscape images.  

If you want to learn more about it, comment on it and we can start a dialog. What I would liked to have achieved by using BKT in this image was more detail in the dark areas. I would have captured the dramtics colors of the sky but also lit up they city in full detail. So as not to blow out the sky, I had to expose the image at 1/80 of a second. But by doing that, it didn't allow for enouth light on the city. BKT would have allowed me some room for creativity in PP (Post Processing) for the city as well as the dark areas of the clouds. For the most part, when taking the image, contrast is usually a constant relative.  Meaning, if a dark area is 50% darker than a light area, wheather you chose to meter the dark or light, the difference between the two will be the same. I wonder if that made any sense to you. I guess that is another topic to discuss, Metering.   Way too much to talk about.  

Sometimes, you make due with what you have and the cards you are delt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment